Places for your wedding guests to stay when they are visiting Columbus! We recommend The Ohio State University Hotels, your online source to find hotels near The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH.
Our favorite shops in a one-hundred-mile radius for bridesmaid's gowns, tiaras, bridal veils, bridal jewelry, and accessories:
The Reading Bridal District, on Benson Street, just north of Cincinnati, Ohio, has become a national bridal landmark, not only for twenty-seven bridal businesses on one street, but for the unique nature of the shops and the cheerful, helpful attitude of everyone you meet. It is truly a village of wedding possibilities. Shops of special interest for brides planning Columbus weddings include:
Bridal Gown Did you know that one of the country's finest Bridal Salons is as close as Cincinnati? Be sure and visit European Bridal, the award-winning, intimate, European-style boutique offering the best of European, Canadian, and American couture bridal gowns at surprisingly affordable prices. It's less than a two-hour drive south, and you'll be forever thankful that you made the trip. 513.821.6505. This shop won "Best of Cincinnati" from Vogue Magazine, Feb. 2003, and constantly wins other awards from local magazines and municipal groups.
Don't forget the tiara to complete your ensemble. For the convenience of ordering from home, this is the best site we've seen, with some of the classiest tiaras around. Go to Princess Bride Tiaras and check the prices.
This isn't a shop, but for an exciting and interesting website, detailing the history of wedding tiaras in art and film, see Tiaras. This fascinating site has photos of famous people and their tiaras, and photos of famous museum tiaras, as well as a pictorial history of the tiara. Tiaras "Do's and Dont's". Tiaras in Art, History, and Film. This site is really a lot of fun, and we love it because it is a non-commercial site — they don't try to sell you things!
Your source for wedding planning in Columbus Ohio: Columbus Bride.
Here is a partial listing of some of the 37 bridal businesses that have made The Reading Bridal District a favorite among brides from as far away as Chicago and Atlanta:
• Aeration Decorations
• All About Brides
• American Family Insurance
• Benson Street Bridal
• Benson Street Tux
• Bridal Alterations by Lucy
• Bridal and Formal
• Cameo Bakery & Cheesecake Please
• Carrie Karibo Bridesmaids
• Cincinnati Bride
• Colourful Soles (Formerly Footwear 2 Dye 4)
• Creative Cake Designs
• Don Vonderhaar's Catering, Inc.
• European Bridal (Winner "Best of Cincinnati" from Vogue Magazine!)
• Every Now & Then Antiques
• Fancy Kids
• Jamie Jovanna Bridal and Formal
• Lifetime Events
• Lyric Hall
• Maribelle Cakery Cincinnati LLC
• Minda's Touch Floral & Crafts
• Oasis Florist
• Patrica's Cakes
• Patricia's Wedding Rentals & Accessories
• Perfect Wedding Accessories
• Petite Productions Videography Services
• Photography is an Art
• Sheer Necessities
• Spangler's Cafe
• Welling's Jewelers
• Several area restaurants serve up everything from pizza to elegant luncheon fare.
Directions to the Reading Bridal District: Take I-75 South, pass under 275, and stay on I-75 until you reach the Ronald Reagon Highway exit. Take Ronald Reagon to the Reading Road exit. Turn right off the exit and go down to Reading Road. Turn right on Reading Road and drive two miles until you reach Benson. Turn left on Benson and drive three blocks to the Municipal parking lot behind European Bridal. The official website is www.readingbridaldistrict.com.
• Alan Ray & Co Bridal House
• Bridal Design Studio
• Jessica McClintok Boutique. The Mall at Tuttle Crossing
• Wedding World
• Brides by Tiffany
• Columbus Bridal Sales and Rental
• Paglioni's Bridal
• Joan Campbell Designs-Custom Bridal Couture
• Personal Touch Bridal Boutique
Recycled and consignment gowns:
• Bridal Design Studio
• Alternative Resale Shop
• Kathryn's Quality Vintage Bridal Gowns
• Bridal Design Studio
• Altar Bound Bridal Outlet
Our Favorite Cincinnati Wedding Links
• Cincinnati Brides A list of award-winning bridal businesses in Cincinnati, Ohio. This site also lists some interesting but little-known locations for weddings and receptions.
• The Makoy Center - Located in scenic Old Hilliard, the Makoy Center is the largest Privately Owned Convention Center and Banquet Facility in Central Ohio. With a warm 1920's Art Deco ambiance and large dance floor, weddings are their primary focus. Now with 30,000 total square feet, a capacity of 1800 guests, staging, and a state of the art sound system, their facilities are perfect for your wedding reception.
• Matter of Taste - Award-Winning Wedding Cakes.
• Ron Shuller's Creative images2 Photography - Many years in the wedding business coupled with years of zeal for photography provide a unique perspective on serving clients and creating images2 that tell a story, capture a personality, and individualize the perfect wedding package that exceeds your expectations and your dreams!
• Adventure Honeymoon - Because some people don't want to sit on the beach & do nothing for their Honeymoon.